About my Blog

"I am not a chef. I am not even a trained or professional cook. My qualification is as an eater. I cook what I want to eat – within limits" from Nigella Lawson's "How to Eat"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Love Hokkien Mee@Thiam Sang Restaurant, Seri Kembangan, Selangor

The new and improve signboard.
I found this place 3 years ago after moving into my then newly renovated-apartment and was scouting for eating places nearby. This restaurant is just few blocks away from my apartment. It was not really packed with customers but I was drawn to the waiters/waitresses eye-catching orange "I Love Hokkien Me" T-shirts and decided to give the Hokkien Mee a try. And I was not disappointed!

This was the old signboard.
Later I found out that the owner is quite well-known for his Hokkien Mee through other food blogs (Babe in The City and Brought Up 2Share); and also an apprentice of another famous Hokkien Mee outlet owner in PJ. Wow ... no wonder the Hokkien Mee is so good. Especially the crispy lard that give it the taste and fragrance. Plus the awesome shrimp paste sambal that accompany it. Since then, it has been a must visit place whenever friends and family members came for a visit.

The owner on the cover of the menu with a famous local Chinese TV personality.
Emel ... a big fan of Thiam Sang Hokkien Mee (and the Fried Lala). Flew all the way from Kuching just to satisfy her Hokkien Mee and Lala cravings.
The Thiam Sang Hokkien Mee. Aunty Ming prefers hers mix with meehoon.
Be it KL Hokkien Mee or Penang Hokkien Char ... the sambal that go with it must be nice .
Besides Hokkien Mee, I never forget to order their fried Kuay Teow with raw egg on top (known as the Moonlight Rice Noodle). Once you mix the egg with the hot fried Kuay Teow, it creates a slippery smooth and tasty texture.

The Moonlight Rice Noodles


Another must order dish is the Fried La La ... very nice. Once Emel and myself thought we could find similar Fried Lala in Penang (Penang food has always been our benchmark). However, so far Penang Fried Lala still cannot compete with this hehehe. We usually order the medium size portion (about RM 15.00).


The fried lala
Location:
Restoran Thiam Sang
15-1 Jalan SP2/2
Serdang Perdana
43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor
Tel: 6012-3116121
GPS Coordinates: N 03° 01' 49.4" E 101° 42' 31.

0 comments:

Post a Comment