About my Blog

"I am not a chef. I am not even a trained or professional cook. My qualification is as an eater. I cook what I want to eat – within limits" from Nigella Lawson's "How to Eat"

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Give Me More Fridays @TGI Fridays, Gurney Paragon, Penang

Suddenly, I had this craving for TGIF's Eton Mesh ... the image of light and crunchy pavlova (again) decadently covered in cream and strawberries had been driving me crazy the whole day. The last I had them was last year's June in Putrajaya's TGI Fridays. So on my way back to the office from Rasa Sayang Batu Feringghi, I decided to stop at the newly opened Gurney Paragon's TGI Fridays

Eton Mesh that I had in Alamanda Putrajaya TGIF.
At the moment, there are not much to see at Gurney Paragon. There are few eateries and cafes ... most of it are the usual brands we can find in major shopping malls. However personally, I think the main attraction there would be the St. Joseph's Novitiate, a 90 year old heritage building which is located at the centre of the property piazza.

St Joseph's Novitiate
The entrance of the TGIF Gurney Paragon.
For those who love to have casual dining outdoor.
Well, I guess there's not much different between TGIF@Gurney Paragon and anywhere else in terms of deco. Plenty of seats, plenty of space, big place though.




After flipping through the menu a few times, I realised that they didn't have Eton Mesh on the menu. So I decided to ask the waiter and was informed that was the new menu for this year (.... sinking feelings). Ok lah since I was a bit hungry and really want to eat something "beefy", I made these orders, some at the waiter recommendations.

Cranberry Fizz - sweet sour and fizzy.
Clam chowder - right creamy texture, lots of potato (unpeeled)
Tennesse New York Strip and Shrimp - medium well, the sauce is  a bit sweet, mash potato a bit salty.
Medium well.
Buffalo wings - a bit sweet to my liking, prefer a bit sourish.
The Dessert Trio
Chocolate Oreo and Mint Crunch - Yummy!
Snicker Treats - my favourite!
Strawberry parfait.
How much it cost me! Inflation ... Inflation
Location :



0 comments:

Post a Comment